Systems - Software - Security - Architecture
Windows I LINUX I UNIX Systems Administrator 4 - TSISCI
US Citizenship Required for this Position:Yes Clearance Type:Polygraph
Number of Openings:1
Travel:Yes, 10% of the Time
e-Sci Corporation is seeking a qualified, dependable and driven Senior Systems Administrator to support an Intelligence Community customer in Reston, VA. We require an experienced system administrator to assist in managing and supporting Windows and Linux based systems. You will be working in a mid-sized team performing O&M activities on a development network, as well as, providing O&M support on production systems.
This person is responsible for engineering and maintaining the operational status of Windows, Linux, and VMware systems and working closely with other members of the IT Operations team on the program. The duties of this position range from caring for individual Windows and VMware systems to implementing complex solutions around business need. The candidate will be required to work with minimum supervision to deliver projects and tasks related to the position. Candidate will engineer and operate Windows I Linux I VMware based platforms and services, including Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server, and vCenter & vServer. Responsibility also includes documentation, and policy/procedure compliance for IT systems related to Microsoft Windows I Linux I VMware in an enterprise DoD environment. Knowledge of enterprise level VMware products is a plus.
• Perform all of the Systems Administrator duties and support the integration of new technologies into new and existing systems
• Diagnose and resolve complex hardware and software problems involving the application, the operating system, the hardware, and/or the communications infrastructure
• Install, connect, configure, troubleshoot, and perform routine maintenance of operating system, software, hardware, third party COTS, and firmware on systems located on multiple networks
• Perform security patches and upgrades
• Maintain virtual systems, network switches, and data protection to include backups, data/disaster recovery, and data flow
• Maintain all system documentation including certification and accreditation documents
• Assist in database administrator duties, including maintenance, configuration, back-ups, and troubleshooting/resolving technical issues
• Provides Windows Server, Active Directory, VMware, Tier 2/3 support to government customers and other project team members in a DoD enterprise environment.
• Troubleshoot, debug server based application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s)
• Performs occasional after hour tasks, including but not limited to, restarting systems, application upgrades, hardware maintenance, etc.
• Ensures all necessary documentation to operate and maintain the equipment and/or software is regularly maintained.
• Performs performance monitoring and provides documentation of issues and recommendations to upper management.
• Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications.
• Participates in change management processes to include patch compliance which also includes
Information Assurance Validation Testing.
• Candidate should possess strong analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to participate in technical meetings
• Other duties and tasks as assigned.
• Bachelors Degree plus 10 years of related experience, Masters Degree plus 8 year of related experience, 13 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• US Citizenship is required and an Active/current Top Secret /SCI (recent CI Polygraph within
the last 5 years is highly preferred)
• A minimum 3 years of experience with systems administration on Windows platforms.
• A minimum 3 years of experience with systems administration on Linux platforms.
• Able to provide systems administration support (design, installation, support, monitoring) for Microsoft technologies (Microsoft Windows Server 2000, 2008R2, 2012R2, MS SQL, .NET, and liS.)
• Experience working with VMWare
• CompTIA Security +certification or higher
• Detailed knowledge of Windows and LINUX Operating Systems, VMware (strong UNIX
experience may be considered in lieu of LINUX)
• Detailed knowledge of JBoss, Apache, and/or Tomcat
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervisory direction
• Interpersonal skills to enable working, interacting with technically and organizationally diverse personnel
• Must have professional attitude, appearance, and possess excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Experience supporting applications utilizing Windows 2000-based 0/S
• Experience with gaining and maintaining network accreditations.
• Working understanding of system engineering processes in a DevOps methodology.
• Active Directory Structure - Group Policy Objects, Group assignment.
• System integration (hardware, software, network, and database).
• Clear understanding of networking technologies (routers, firewalls, switches, etc.)
• Knowledgeable of system security, operation, perfonnance, and system effectiveness.
• Experience with validating the release of products or services for operation in a production
• Knowledge of Oracle ( llg) and database operations
• Knowledge of Solaris
• Knowledge of SQL
• Knowledge of UNIX or LINUX
• Solaris or RHEL certification
• CISSP certification
e-Sci Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.